Below are our most frequently asked solar questions. These questions and answers are listed as a quick reference guide to help you when needed. Always feel free to call us or email us at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
I’m Considering Going Solar:
- Will I save money with solar? The primary goal of going solar is to save money and we understand that. While every home and personal preference is different, the average consumer’s solar financing payment + utility payment are typically less than their current utility payment alone. Ultimately, there are many factors that can effect the amount of savings and these can be discussed in more detail during your free consultation.
- Can I finance solar with Arizona Energy Pros? Yes, we offer solar financing with a diverse range of options such as term length, interest rates, and promotions. You can finance solar with $0 down! Your solar consultant will discuss these options during your consultation.
- Do you install solar ground mounts or car ports? Yes, no job is out of our range of abilities. We can install ground mounts or car ports in both residential and commercial settings.
- What if I need a new roof? A bad roof will need to be addressed prior to installing solar. Many times financing will approve a new roof along with solar due to the safety and long term benefits. This option may not make sense for everyone with a bad roof and a consultant can discuss your options more with you.
- How does the tax credit work? Currently, there are state and federal tax credits that can be claimed for going solar. These incentives are great to offset the cost of going solar. As of 2020, the percentage of the tax credit changes annually, decreasing a little each year. To qualify for the tax credit, the solar consumer must have taxable income. It is always best to consult a tax professional for details regarding qualifications and claiming the tax credits.
I have Solar:
- My solar was just installed, what’s next? Once your solar is installed, it gets inspected. Once we get the OK to “commission” your system, it officially gets turned on and begins producing power.
- Do I need to do maintenance on my system? While most systems require little maintenance to function sufficiently, you should always read your manufacturers paperwork to see what is recommended for your specific system.
- Do I really need monitoring? Yes, it is important to set up your monitoring and login to familiarize and check up on your system. Monitoring is beneficial for many reasons. It will give you data about your system that will help you determine if your solar is working as expected or if there is an issue that needs addressed. Many manufacturers will even void a warranty if monitoring is not set up. Refer to your warranty paperwork for details on your system. Keep in mind that we do not monitor solar for customers.
- Why did I receive a higher utility bill than usual? A good place to start is to check your monitoring. Look for warnings, errors, or decreased production. If you find something or need help understanding your portal, you can always call us or your monitoring manufacturer for help navigating your findings. Other possibilities can be increased energy usage (did you get a pool, a second fridge, have company for a week?…etc.), modules shaded by trees, increased cloudy days, and sometimes changes made within the utility company such as changing to a plan that is not compatible with solar. It can sometimes be tricky finding out what’s causing the sudden change and at times may require troubleshooting from one of our experienced service technicians.
- Can Arizona Energy Pros service my solar if I didn’t purchase it from you? Yes, we provide solar services to customers even if you didn’t go solar with us. As one of the oldest solar companies in Arizona, we’ve seen it all.